NOTE: This is a special episode of the podcast.
In this special episode, Awarepreneurs founder Paul Zelizer answers a question he's been hearing frequently in the community: "Why do we talk about racism so much in Awarepreneurs?"
Specifically, Paul explores 7 reasons:
- Because social justice is one of our core values.
- Because it is the ethically right thing to do.
- Becuase doing so increases the diversity of our membership.
- Because we come from 2 lineages - the entrepreneurial world and the wisdom world - that historically have not done a good job fostering diversity & inclusion.
- Because it's good for business.
- Because our community wants and demands it.
- Because we want to be a role model to our sister communities.
In summary, as a community we believe that it's our responsibility to do better job fostering diversity and dimantling racism than either of our parent traditions have historicially done in order to make significant progress on our mission and goals.
As always, we'd love to hear your questions and thoughts on this important topic in the Awarepreneurs Facebook group.